Chuck began his career as a tax and estate planning specialist in 1970. Over the years his practice expanded to general business representation of privately owned and publicly held clients and their owners and executives.
As counsel to a number of national, local and regional businesses over the years, Chuck is experienced in advice and planning involving mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in business and the health care industry, real estate acquisitions and divestitures, estate planning for business owners and professionals, business expansion, compensation incentives, shareholder relations and disputes, and financing transactions. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas Of Emphasis
Health Care and Bioscience Business Transactions
- Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Physician and Dental Practice Counselling
Chuck has lent his expertise to a number of "acquisition and divestiture" matters in the health care industry. He has also provided legal counsel to physician and dental practices in northeast Ohio.
"How to Legally Organize Your StartUp Business," Kent State University's Blackstone LaunchPad Legal Event Series," Kent, Ohio, April 2, 2013
"Section of Business Law, Small Business Committee Forum on New Tax Laws Affecting Business Entities", American Bar Association, Charles R. Schaefer, 2005 Spring Meeting
Professional & Community Associations
- Chuck participates in a variety of community activities. He served as Vice President and Trustee of the Cleveland Area Development Financing Corporation and its successor, Growth Capital Corporation, and Chair of its Loan Servicing Committee. He has also served on the Finance and Budget Committee of Montefiore Home for the Aged.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Baldwin-Wallace College Family and Small Business Institute - One of the Institute Founders
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Business Law and Taxation Sections, Small Business Committee
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1969
Lehigh University, B.A. in Finance, 1966
Licensed to Practice
Awards & RecognitionsAV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles by Charles R. SchaeferJanuary 2010 - “Divorce Victim: Family Business?,” was featured in the Ohio State Bar Association's recent publication, Legal Basics for Small Business (2009 Edition), and previously appeared in Fine Print, a Quarterly Publication of The Ohio State Bar Association, Issue 35 (Spring, 2008).
June 2006 – "Sell Your Business And Retire?" article in the Learned Lawyer section of the June 2006 edition of Western Reserve Focus.
Spring 2006 – "Letters of Intent - To Do or Not To Do" as published in the Spring 2006 issue of the quarterly Ohio State Bar Association's publication,Â Fine Print, addressing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
December 1995 – You and Your Eager Entrepreneur Business Law Today
September/October 1978 – Minimizing of IRS Interference in Stockholder-Corporation Transactions" Taxation for Lawyers