Lacie is a partner with the firm's Tax & Wealth Management Section. She has a Master of Laws in Taxation and has over a decade of specialized experience in both public accounting and extensively in the legal profession. Lacie's practice encompasses all areas of taxation, including individual and business income and transfer tax planning, ERISA, estate planning, executive compensation, non-profits, Subchapters C & S, mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits (including Affordable Care Act) and IRS and tax court controversy practice. Lacie has developed an expertise in designing and implementing individually-designed owner dominated pension and profit sharing programs for owners of closely held businesses, and she has extensive experience dealing with the Internal Revenue Service on ERISA and related matters. Lacie works closely with families and entrepreneurs on multi-generational wealth preservation and transfers, as well as related tax consequences. Lacie's vast tax background also gives her the ability to work on diverse issues in addition to her specialty areas - for example, she has developed an expertise in New Market Tax Credits and Historic Tax Credits, having worked on many of the large development programs in the Northeast Ohio area.
- "Grantor Trusts," presentation given at National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio, June 19, 2014.
- "Grantor Trusts," presentation given at National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar ("Estate Planning from A to Z"), Independence, Ohio, October 22, 2013.
- "The Affordable Health Care Act: Guidance for Employers," co-presenter in program at the office of Walter | Haverfield LLP, Cleveland, Ohio, March 26, 2013.
- "Understanding and Drafting Wills and Trusts," Sterling Education Services seminar, Cleveland, Ohio, September 21, 2012.
- "Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts" and "Grantor Trusts," presentations given at National Business Institute (NBI) Seminar, Cleveland, Ohio, June 19, 2012.
- "Setting up Fido for Life: Estate Planning for Pet Owners," through the Cuyahoga County Bar Association, on September 19, 2007.
Professional & Community Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Tax Club of Cleveland
- Estate Planning Council
Case Western Reserve University School of Law LL.M. (Taxation) 2005
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law J.D. 2003
Kenyon College B.A. 1998
Licensed to Practice
- Ohio, United States Tax Court
Awards & RecognitionsJune 23, 2014 - Lacie was recognized for her achievements in the area of Tax Law in a special section of Crain's Cleveland Business, titled "Who to Watch in Law."
2011 - Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Areas of practice: Estate Planning & Probate; Tax; Employee Benefits/ERISA.
Articles by Lacie L. O'DaireMarch 2013 - "Now is the Time to Plan for Changes in the Health Law"
January 2013 - "An unexpected consequence of the 2013 tax changes," Crain's Cleveland Business (Small Business Blog)
October 2007 – In an article entitled, “Who will care for Fido or Rover?”, published in the October 19, 2007 issue of the Cleveland Jewish News, Lacie discussed the establishment of “pet trusts” and their benefits for both pet owners and their animals.
September 2007 – Lacie was quoted extensively in an article discussing "pet trusts" which appeared in the September 4, 2007 issue of "USA Today" newspaper.
August 2007 – Lacie was featured in a Crain's Cleveland Business article addressing Ohio's new "pet trust" legislation. In the article entitled "Gone to the Dogs", Lacie discusses the new benefits provided by this legislation for pet owners and their animals.