Patti focuses her practice on representing public employers and private employers in a variety of industries on all aspects of the employment relationship. She devotes a substantial portion of her practice to issues arising on a daily basis from the employment relationship. Her work frequently involves regular and ongoing consultations concerning compliance with new and existing, as well as, emerging employment laws. Patti also conducts independent investigations for public and private entities involving an extensive range of issues including allegations of sexual and other harassment and other misconduct involving employees, students and public officials.
Patti has significant experience assisting employers in understanding and complying with their obligations under state and federal employment discrimination laws, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, affirmative action, equal opportunity, unemployment, workers' compensation, non-compete agreements and other laws regulating the employment relationship in an effort to minimize potential employment-related litigation. She also regularly reviews and writes personnel policies, employee handbooks and affirmative action plans. Patti also reviews and writes employment, confidentiality and non-compete agreements.Patti handles a wide array of business and employment-related litigation matters in state and federal court. She also routinely represents clients in agency proceedings before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the United States Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation, and other state and federal administrative agencies. Patti also represents employees and employers in cases involving the enforcement and defense of confidentiality and non-competition agreements and other restrictive covenants.
- May 28, 2015 - "The Injury, the Leave, the Pay: Navigating Employee and Employer Rights and Responsibilities under Workers' Compensation, FMLA, ADA, Collective Bargaining Agreements and Other Federal, State and Local Laws," Educational Service Center (ESC) of Cuyahoga County, Independence, OH
- April 27, 2012 - "FMLA and ADAAA Update," Marriott Cleveland East.
- December 2, 2011 - "Social Media: Legal Issues for Municipalities," Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association, Columbus, Ohio.
- September 30, 2010 - "2010 Walter | Haverfield LLP Labor and Employment Law Seminar," "FLSA - Wage/Hour Practical Compliance Guide," Outline, Presentation, Holiday Inn in Independence.
- April 7, 2010 - "Developing Issues in Wage-Hour Law: Preparing Employers for the Increased Governmental Enforcement Initiatives," ADP Seminar.
- March 5, 2010 - "Municipal Employment Law Overview," Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association's 2010 Spring Municipal Civil Seminar.
- February 11, 2010 - "Municipal Employment Law Update," 2010 Annual Presidents Day Municipal Law Seminar, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
- January 19, 2010 - "Employment Law Update: What You Need to Know for 2010," Marriott, Cleveland East.
- December 4, 2009 - Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association 2009 Winter Municipal Civil Law Seminar Municipal Employment Law Overview.
- August 20, 2009 - Presentation to Manufacturing Advocacy and Growth Network ("MAGNET") HR Peer Group on the topic, "Employment 'At-Will' and Wage Hour Update."
- February 24, 2009 - Webinar on "American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009," New COBRA Requirements of Group Health Plans.
- January 7, 2009 - "Change is Coming! How Will Employment Laws Be Affected," Marriott Cleveland East.
- September 23, 2008 - Employment & Labor Seminar on "Managing Employee Leaves of Absence," Marriott Cleveland East.
- June 17, 2008 - Employment & Labor Seminar on "Responding to Frequently Asked Questions in Employment Law," Marriott, Cleveland East.
- December 11, 2007 - "Employment Laws Made Simple; Ensure compliance with employment law procedures and practices!," National Business Institute Seminar.
- December 6, 2006 - EEOC Seminar for the latest developments in EEO law and best practices speaking on Employee Rights / Employer Wrongs: Decision to Terminate, Termination, and Afterwords.
- October 18, 2006 - Cuyahoga Plus and Akron Chapters of the Professional Association of Health Care Office Managment (PAHCOM) speaking on Hot Topics in Employment Law.
Professional & Community Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Volunteer - Fairmount Temple Social Action Committee
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1985
University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A., 1981
Licensed to Practice
- Federal district and appellate courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana