Walter | Haverfield LLP is pleased to announce that nine of its attorneys were selected for inclusion on the 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers list. Super Lawyers selects attorneys as a result of a multiphase selection process, in which peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Candidates are evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement and, each year, selections are made on a state-by-state basis. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in Ohio are recognized by Super Lawyers in their annual listing.
Those named to the 2017 list, and their areas of practice, are as follows:
- Ralph E. Cascarilla – Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Darrell A. Clay – Business Litigation
- Bonnie S. Finley – Business Litigation
- Irene M. MacDougall – Banking
- Craig A. Marvinney – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Kevin Patrick Murphy – Real Estate
- Charles T. Riehl – Land Use/Zoning
- John W. Waldeck, Jr. – Real Estate
- Gary A. Zwick – Tax
Six other attorneys have been named to the 2017 Ohio Rising Stars list. The selection process for the Rising Stars list mirrors the Super Lawyers selection process, except that candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Ohio are selected for inclusion on the Rising Stars list.
Those named, and their areas of practice, are as follows:
- Benjamin G. Chojnacki – State/Local/Municipal
- Joshua E. Hurtuk – Real Estate
- Shelly R. LaSalvia – Creditor Debtor Rights
- T. Ted Motheral – Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions
- Megan C. Zaidan – Real Estate
- Peter T. Zawadski – Schools and Education
In addition, Irene M. MacDougall was named to the list of the “Top 25 Women” in the Cleveland area. This list includes those women lawyers who ranked highest in the 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers nomination, research and blue ribbon review process.