Walter | Haverfield provides strategic counsel to businesses and investors operating in the new, yet rapidly expanding, industry of legalized cannabis. As a full-service firm representing many companies in highly regulated industries, Walter | Haverfield is uniquely positioned to meet the complex and constantly evolving needs of businesses in the cannabis space. The nascent industry, which is expected to generate more than $10 billion in sales in coming years, is built upon the sale of a product that is still illegal at the federal level, yet requires adherence to complex regulations at the state level, such as employee use of cannabis and employer compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our attorneys utilize their expertise in the following areas to help clients address the vast spectrum of issues related to the cultivation, processing, dispensing and consumption of cannabis:
- Business and financial services
- Government policy and practice
- Health care
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Land use and zoning
- Product safety
- Real estate and tax law
In addition, our practice guides clients who are not directly involved in but engage with the industry, such as financial and lending institutions and commercial landlords, among others.
- CBD Oil Now Legal in Ohio
- Confusion remains over CBD oil sales
- Improve your chances of obtaining a medical marijuana business license
- Marijuana-based investing can have highs, lows
- Medical Marijuana Impacts California Elementary School
- Lead cannabis attorney recognized as AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, selected in a recent edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, and has been consistently named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list.