Few industries are as subject to change and as much government scrutiny as healthcare. Changes in reimbursement policies, expanded privacy and security rules and an increase of malpractice lawsuits are just a few of the challenges that complicate the legal needs of healthcare providers. Walter | Haverfield has the specialized knowledge needed to address these challenges, serving as trusted counselors and advocates for physicians, hospitals and ancillary service providers.
Our attorneys provide counsel to clients on a number of matters common to the healthcare industry, including:
- Acquisitions, mergers and divestitures of medical practices and healthcare businesses
- Advocacy on Medicare coverage and payment appeals
- Compliance with HCQIA and Data Bank regulations and related litigation
- Contract negotiations
- Peer-review hearings
We work extensively on the medical side of the businesses with fraud and abuse claims; HIPAA compliance; antitrust claims; Medicare regulatory compliance, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark law, reimbursement and billing and EMTALA; Joint Commission survey readiness; ASC accreditation, board certification and licensing issues. In addition, we provide advice and counsel on OIG, FTC, DOJ and FDA criminal and civil investigations, Medicare and Medicaid audits and voluntary disclosures.
- Ohio Department of Medicaid Starts Process to Make Telehealth Services Permanent
- Updated CDC Guidelines for Aerosol-Generating Procedures in Dental Practice Settings
- Healthcare and Dental attorney recognized as AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell and has been consistently named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list.