Walter Haverfield is pleased to announce that nine of its attorneys have been selected to the Ohio Super Lawyers list. An additional eight attorneys have been selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list. The names of those honored are below.
Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. No more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state are recognized by the Ohio Rising Stars research team.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections, for both Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, are made using a multi-phase process that includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Our 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers Honorees:
• Ralph Cascarilla – Criminal Defense: White Collar
• Darrell Clay – Business Litigation
• Shelly LaSalvia – Creditor Debtor Rights
• Irene MacDougall – Government Finance
• Craig Marvinney – Civil Litigation: Defense
• Kevin Murphy – Real Estate
• John Waldeck, Jr. – Real Estate
• Mark Wallach – Business Litigation
• Gary Zwick – Tax
Our 2019 Ohio Rising Stars Honorees:
• Rick Amburgey – Surety
• Benjamin Chojnacki – State/Local/Municipal
• Joshua Hurtuk – Real Estate
• James McWeeney – Schools and Education
• Ted Motheral – Mergers and Acquisitions
• Rina Russo – Employment and Labor
• Greg Watkins – Business/Corporate
• Megan Zaidan – Real Estate
Since 1932, Walter Haverfield attorneys have served as strategic counselors to private businesses, public entities and high-net-worth individuals, providing creative and customized solutions that deliver outstanding results at an exceptional value. Our track record has allowed us to sustain year-after-year growth. Walter Haverfield has doubled its size in the past decade to become one of the top ten Cleveland-based law firms. Today, our team of nearly 80 attorneys is focused primarily in the areas of business services, real estate, intellectual property, labor and employment, tax and wealth management, hospitality and liquor control, litigation, public entities and education.