Ohio Super Lawyers, a prominent legal rating service that recognizes outstanding lawyers for their high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement, has selected twelve Walter Haverfield attorneys to its 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers list. It has also selected an additional six attorneys to its Ohio Rising Stars list, which honors candidates who are either 40 years old or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less. The names of those honored are below.
Each year, no more than five percent of lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Ohio Super Lawyers to receive recognition, and no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state are recognized by the Ohio Rising Stars research team.
The annual selections for both Ohio Super Lawyers and Ohio Rising Stars are made using a multi-step process, which includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
2021 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Benjamin Carnahan – Business Litigation
- Ralph Cascarilla – Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Darrell Clay – Business Litigation
- Charles Daroff – Real Estate
- Ed Hurtuk – Real Estate
- Shelly LaSalvia – Creditor Debtor Rights
- Irene MacDougall – Government Finance
- Craig Marvinney – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Kevin Murphy – Real Estate
- Jack Waldeck – Real Estate
- Mark Wallach – Business Litigation
- Gary Zwick – Tax
2021 Ohio Rising Stars
- Joe Brennan – Labor & Employment
- Ben Chojnacki – State/Local/Municipal
- Josh Hurtuk – Real Estate
- James McWeeney – Schools & Education
- Rina Russo – Labor & Employment
- Greg Watkins – Business/Corporate
Since 1932, Walter Haverfield attorneys have served as strategic counselors to private businesses, public entities and high-net-worth individuals, providing creative and customized solutions that deliver outstanding results at an exceptional value. Our track record has allowed us to sustain year-after-year growth. Walter Haverfield has more than doubled in the past decade to become one of Cleveland’s top ten law firms. Today, our team of 90 attorneys is focused primarily in the areas of business services, real estate, intellectual property, education, labor and employment, tax and wealth management, hospitality and liquor control law, litigation and public law.