Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with Firm management to understand and execute the Firm’s talent strategy, future hiring needs, recruiting and retention.
- Manages the talent acquisition process for attorney and staff, which includes recruitment, interview, and hiring.
- Develops summer associate program.
- Leads orientation and onboarding for new hires.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the Firm’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains responsibility for Firm compliance with applicable human resource laws, including but not limited to COBRA, ADA, and FMLA both at federal and state level
- Administers benefits offerings, negotiating renewals with vendors, and supporting the COO with the administration of 401K and profit-sharing plans
- Works with the COO to develop compensation ranges for associate and non-attorney staff.
- Communicates changes in Firm personnel policies and procedures and assists in enforcing and maintaining them.
- Assists administrative management in the annual review, preparation and administration of Firm compensation and performance reviews.
- This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the development and organization of that department.
- Develops a comprehensive professional staff training and development strategy to support attorneys and professional staff across levels.
- Works closely with Managing Directors to conduct analyses regarding departmental training needs.
- Monitors current market trends and best practices in professional services staff development and training, and implements new programs – as appropriate – that are both thoughtful and innovative.
Skills & Competencies:
- Understands best practices in the field of Human Resources
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit
- Ability to establish credibility with attorneys and executive management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Minimum 6 years of Human Resource experience, ideally including experience in an HR Manager role
- Prior experience working in a law firm preferred; experience recruiting attorneys a plus
- SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, SHR, or PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification highly preferred
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS/HRM systems. Paylocity is a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject to respond to this position.