Chris has been providing transactional and litigation legal services to clients for more than 40 years. He represents municipal and private clients on both public sector issues and real estate transactions, including the purchase and sale of real property, lease of real property, land use, development and zoning, real estate tax valuation and tax exemptions, and appropriation of real property. As a municipal attorney, Chris served as law director of Pepper Pike for 23 years (1989-2011) and served as the law director of Moreland Hills for seven years (1989-1995), providing general legal counsel and transactional and litigation services for these municipalities. He has represented clients before various state and federal trial and appellate courts. He has also represented clients before various county boards of revision and the Ohio Board of Tax Appeals on real estate tax matters. Chris is currently the designated general counsel for the firm, providing advice in legal ethics, professional conduct, conflicts, and other client representation issues.
- Served as law director of Pepper Pike for 23 years (1989-2011) and served as the law director of Moreland Hills for seven years (1989-1995), providing general legal counsel and transactional and litigation services for these municipalities.
- Represented numerous municipalities and public entities in Northeast Ohio in litigation and various non-litigation public law issues.
LAND USE & ZONING
- Represented numerous municipalities and other public and private entities in litigation and consultation on land use and zoning issues.
- Represented a municipality before the Common Pleas Court, Court of Appeals and Ohio Supreme Court, defending single family residential zoning on a 114-acre parcel.
- Represented a municipality before the Probate Court and Court of Appeals, on the authority of a municipality to take property for a public purpose.
- Represented a municipality in a zoning case before the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, the Eighth District Court of Appeals and the Ohio Supreme Court concerning minimum acreage requirements for single family lots.
- Represented numerous private and public entities on purchase and sale of real property.
- Represented privately held businesses and public entities before the Board of Revision and Ohio Board of Tax Appeals, resulting in tax valuation reductions and refund of taxes.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Northeast Ohio Law Directors Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.