- Business Services
- Construction Agreements and Disputes
- Environmental Regulation and Enforcement Actions
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Environmental Regulation and Waste Management
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2003, with Honors
- University of Akron, B.S., 1999
Licensed to Practice
Partner David Ricco offers clients comprehensive legal counsel in real estate matters. He has extensive transactional experience and has represented developers, investors, fund managers, end users, and other interest holders in matters involving acquisitions, dispositions, financing, leasing, zoning, entitlements, site development, environmental issues, easements, and construction. In addition, he is well-versed in related environmental and regulatory compliance concerns.
- Represents real estate developers throughout the site acquisition and development process; negotiating and drafting agreements, environmental and other pre-acquisition due diligence, obtaining approvals and entitlements, easements, and negotiation with end users.
- Represents commercial and industrial property owners and managers in leasing and other matters involving tenants.
- Represented industrial property owners and end users in matters involving environmental compliance and interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Represented industrial property owners and end users in negotiation of pollution legal liability insurance coverages and premiums.
- Counseled a group of investors through creation of a private placement memorandum and the organization of an entity to invest in real estate.
- Represented real estate developers seeking project approvals from county and municipal governments, as well as environmental regulatory agencies.
- Represented commercial site developers in build-to-suit transactions.
- Represents shopping center developers and operators.
- Represented commercial and industrial property owners and managers in construction matters.
- Served as borrowers counsel through loan modifications, forbearance agreements, and workouts.
- 2018-2020 – Selected for inclusion in the 2018-2020 editions of The Best Lawyers in America©. Listed in the current edition for Real Estate Law.
- Cleveland Bar Association
- Real Estate Law Institute Vice-Chair
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute (“ULI”)
- National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.