Ed assists in the litigation of patents, trade secrets, business torts, and unfair competition in numerous art fields. His patent prosecution experience includes U.S. and international applications in multiple technology areas such as software, fluid systems, optics, mechanical, electro-mechanical, RFID-based data systems, computing devices, computer and telecom systems, and business methods. Prior to joining Walter | Haverfield, he developed a well-rounded aptitude for innovation counseling with experience in various legal, business, and technical management positions across many organizational roles. Those roles included original engineering design and research, extensive project and program management, business unit leadership, and patent application preparation and prosecution.
• Prepares and prosecutes utility patent applications for high-profile domestic and international clients
• Prepares patentability, non-infringement analysis and freedom-to-operate reports
• Performs patent searches relating to patent availability and patent infringement
• Performs patent portfolio management including domestic and foreign patent applications, communicating with foreign associates
• Performs complex multi-year, multi-publication copyright projects, domain maintenance and webbased enforcement projects
• Contributes to data privacy/security/breach notification matters
• Provides both buyer and seller side IP asset investigations for business transactions