- Business Services
- Closely Held Business Services
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Healthcare and Dental
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Ohio University, B.A., 2008
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Greg represents clients with their business transactions. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, representing sellers and purchasers. In addition, Greg counsels clients on general business matters, including governance, compliance, and day-to-day-operations. Greg assists entrepreneurs and growing businesses in navigating the business formation process and the ongoing requirements of business management, particularly with entity selection and structure, formation, organization, and exit strategies. Greg also serves clients in the alcoholic beverage industry, advising them on compliance, licensing and transportation matters.
Prior to joining Walter Haverfield, Greg also served as outside counsel for a large health care system, providing guidance on acquisition and sale transactions, employment/independent contractor agreements, vendor contracts, and corporate policies.
EMERGING COMPANIES & VENTURE CAPITAL
- Counseled technology start-up company on reorganization matters and raising capital.
- Counseled brewery on establishing distribution network across the Midwest and eastern United States.
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS & JOINT VENTURES
- Represented a spine and pain group in the sale of its assets to a Northeast Ohio health care system.
- Represented a Northeast Ohio health care system in the acquisition of a cardiology group.
- Served as sell-side counsel in the sale of a water feature products company for $13MM.
- Served as buy-side counsel in the acquisition of a detectible warning systems company for $5.6MM.
- Represented Company in an ESOP transaction, including the redemption and sale of company stock, for $50.25MM.
- 2018-2020 – Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Areas of practice: Business/Corporate; Mergers/Acquisitions.
- The Intersection of Blockchain and M&A: Smart Contracts in a Closing
- SEC Addresses Regulation of Digital Asset Securities
- Ohio Becomes First State to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments
- The California Consumer Privacy Act: How it May Impact Your Ohio Business
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.