- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- Business Services
- Banking Compliance and Regulation – Consumer Finance
- Consumer Finance Defense
Capital University Law School, J.D., 2000
Ohio University, B.A., Political Science, 1992
Licensed to Practice
Supreme Court of The United States
U.S. District Court for Arizona
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Jason has two decades of diverse experience in consumer bankruptcy, consumer finance regulation, litigation, government contracts and fiscal law. He also has extensive trial experience and demonstrates the ability to excel under pressure. Jason is accustomed to counseling leaders, articulating complex legal principles and is skilled in briefing cases, legal research and writing.
Prior to Walter | Haverfield, Jason was a member of the Bankruptcy Department at Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co, LPA. He also practiced law with the U.S. Army in Fort Hood, TX, Afghanistan and Iraq.
- Lead counsel representation of creditors in Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including litigation in Adversary Proceedings filed in Bankruptcy Court.
- Counseled clients on applicability of bankruptcy stay and discharge injunctions, and impact on enforcement of security interests.
- Litigated and defended claims before the Bankruptcy Court and pursued alternative remedies where available.
- Pursued non-dischargeability claims against debtors for pre-filing transactions involving luxury goods or services, cash advances, actual fraud, or other grounds for non-dischargeability under §523(a).
- Negotiated terms of reaffirmation agreements or consent judgment entries to resolve disputes.
- Represented creditors in both collections and foreclosure cases involving either consumer or commercial matters.
- Represented clients in direct defense matters involving contractual disputes and regulatory and compliance matters involving alleged violations of FCRA, RESPA, and TILA.
- Appointed and oversaw official investigations of misconduct or other alleged wrongdoing on behalf of the command, and advised the commander about the results and appropriate recommendations.
- Counseled investigating officers on how to conduct their investigations, including legal advice about scope of investigation, elements of offenses and advised suspects of their Article 32 rights.
- Reviewed investigating officer’s findings and recommendations for legal sufficiency and provided advice to commanders on matters involving the applicability of federal law and DOD regulations.
- Reviewed proposed acquisitions of services or equipment in excess of $10,000, resulting in over $400 million of contracts for services, equipment, or materials.
- Represented the command before the U.S. Forces Afghanistan Joint Acquisition Review Board, with NATO partners and other outside entities.
- Southern District of Florida Denies TCPA Class Certification Due to Plaintiff’s “Deceptive and Dishonest” Tactics
- Walter | Haverfield Attorney Selected for Promotion to Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General’s Corps
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Admissions Committee
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.