Kari is an associate in the Business Services and Healthcare and Dental practice groups. She focuses on providing general counsel to businesses and professional healthcare practices in a variety of legal areas, including business management and operations advice.
Kari guides healthcare clients through ownership changes, including practice purchases and sales, mergers and acquisitions and associate buy-ins. She provides advice related to state board licensing and investigations, as well as compliance with HIPAA and other federal regulations. Kari also assists clients with entity formation and restructuring, and real estate purchases, sales and leases.
- Negotiating and facilitating healthcare practice purchases and sales, including letters of intent, asset purchase agreements and stock purchase agreements.
- Negotiating and facilitating real estate purchases and sales, as well as real estate leases.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting employment agreements and independent contractor agreements, including non-compete agreements.
- Providing advice related to entity restructuring and the formation of business entities, including operating agreements and buy-sell agreements.
- Assisting with Ohio State Dental Board and Ohio State Medical Board licensing issues and investigations.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding compliance with HIPAA and other federal regulations, including the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Physician Self-Referral Law.
- Creating and implementing discount benefit plans and direct primary care agreements.
- 2021 – Kari Heinze received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- Changes to Paycheck Protection Program Specifically Impacting Small Businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Necessity Questionnaire
- Paycheck Protection Program, Change of Ownership Requirements
- Ohio Department of Medicaid Starts Process to Make Telehealth Services Permanent
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®
- Updated CDC Guidelines for Aerosol-Generating Procedures in Dental Practice Settings
- March 25, 2021 – Presenter for Rider + Reinke Financial Group Financial Lightning Round for D4 Students, Topic: Associate Contracts
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.