- Estate Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Tax and Wealth Management
- Corporate and Partnership Tax
- Federal, State and Local Tax
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Grove City College, B.A., Psychology, 2011
Licensed to Practice
Kevin R. McKinnis is an attorney with Walter | Haverfield in the Tax and Wealth Management Group. Kevin focuses his practice primarily in the areas of Federal, State and Local Tax Planning and Controversies, Mergers and Acquisitions, Estate Planning, and Probate and Trust Administration. Kevin’s experiences are diverse and include such experiences as creating tax efficient complex estate plans to pass closely held corporations onto the next generation, creating charitable foundations, representing clients in intra family estate and trust disputes and assisting clients with determining the tax implications of business transactions.
Kevin earned his J.D. cum laude from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law where he was Managing Editor of the Cleveland State Law Review. While at Cleveland-Marshall, Kevin was an extern with the Honorable Judge Anthony J. Russo at the Cuyahoga County Probate Court and worked simultaneously as a law clerk for two Cleveland estate planning law firms.
- Lead associate on resolving dispute among five family members over the disposition of assets held in family member’s trust
- Member of a team who worked on analyzing and resolving the tax issues involving the purchase and sale of $400 million in account receivables
- Member of a team who defended a trustee against a claim of breach of fiduciary duty
- New Ohio Law Requires Professionals to Report Suspected Elder Abuse
- Firearms Require Special Considerations in Estate Planning
- The Use of Ohio Legacy Trusts as an Alternative to a Prenuptial Agreement
- An Analysis of the Ohio Legacy Trust Act and What Asset Protection Trusts Will Mean For Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.