- Appellate Proceedings
- Construction Agreements and Disputes
- Construction Disputes and Liens
- Public Law
- Public Records and Open Meetings
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.
- Cleveland State University, B.A.
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Lisa A. Mack joined Walter | Haverfield’s Public Law Group as an associate in October of 2019. She has extensive experience representing political subdivisions and public utilities in northeast Ohio. Lisa previously served as Assistant Director of Law and Chief Assistant Director of Law for the City of Cleveland and Assistant Director of Law for the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District.
Lisa maintains a workers’ compensation defense practice in addition to her general civil practice providing day-to-day advice to political subdivisions and representation of political subdivisions in tort actions, public records matters, business disputes, contract negotiations and administrative appeals.
- Represents retrospectively-rated large municipal employer in R.C. 4123.512 court appeals from Industrial Commission rulings.
- Represents municipal employer in asbestos death claims.
- Represented municipal employer in mandamus actions to overturn Industrial Commission rulings.
- Represents municipal employer in VSSR claims.
- Assistant Director of Law and Chief Assistant Director of Law, City of Cleveland, Ohio (1986-2001 and 2014-2019).
- Assistant Director of Law, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (2001-2014).
- Counsel to municipal and regional political subdivisions on public procurement, project management, real estate acquisition, lease agreements, utility service agreements, interface with other governmental entities, including EPA and Army Corps of Engineers, public records, open meetings, home rule, ethics law, internal procurement process audits and political subdivision tort immunity.
- Represents municipal client in workers’ compensation court appeals.
- Represents municipal clients in tort claims.
- Represents utilities in customer disputes and R.C. 2506 administrative appeals.
- Represents municipal client in R.C. 2506 administrative appeals of planning commission decisions.
- Obtained jury trial verdict in workers’ compensation lawsuit John Hotz v. City of Cleveland, et al., in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
- Won summary judgment in tort action Ohio Quay 55 v. City of Cleveland in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas and successfully defended judgment in Eighth District Court of Appeals.
- Won summary judgment in tort action CEI v. City of Cleveland (Case No. CV-16-857968) in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.
- Successfully defended workers’ compensation writ of mandamus action the State ex rel. Carl W. Hartlieb v. City of Cleveland, et al., in Franklin County Court of Appeals.
- Negotiated large-scale utility project engineering design, design-build and project management agreements.
- Developed general conditions for competitively bid utility project construction agreements for municipal and regional utilities.
- Developed engineering services forms of agreement for municipal and regional utilities.
- Represented municipal and regional utilities in public bidding disputes.
- Represented municipal and regional utilities in construction disputes, lien matters, bond claims and design professional disputes.
PUBLIC UTILITY LAW
- Represented large water and sewer utilities in northeast Ohio in the negotiation of water and sewer service agreements.
- Represented large water and sewer utilities in interface with other governmental entities, including local communities, the state of Ohio, the federal EPA and Army Corps of Engineers.
- Advised large water and sewer utilities on issues of service areas, rate setting, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Member, Northeast Ohio Law Directors Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.