- Business Services
- Cannabis Law
- Public and Structured Finance
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Real Estate
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2011
- Member, The George Washington International Law Review
- Thurgood Marshall Scholar
- Presidential Merit Scholar
- Kent State University, B.A., 2008, summa cum laude
Licensed to Practice
Megan is a partner in the Real Estate group and in the Business Services group. She represents clients in a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, retail, industrial, and office leasing, and real estate finance.
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & FINANCE
- Representation of borrowers in new loan transactions, defeasance, and assignments of loans.
- Representation of a public non-traded REIT in the redevelopment of a regional mall in Northeast Ohio.
- Representation of lenders in construction and permanent loan transactions, forbearance agreements, and workouts.
- Representation of NYSE-listed REIT and privately-held companies in connection with ground-up developments and re-developments of shopping centers in multiple states.
- Representation of a publicly-traded company in the portfolio sale-leaseback of over 100 retail stores nationwide
- Representation of publicly-traded and privately-held companies in the acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, and leasing office, industrial, and retail space.
- Representation of a publicly-traded company in the management of its national real estate portfolio of office and industrial properties.
- Preparation and negotiation of leases, purchase and sale agreements, and ancillary documents, including deeds, escrow instructions, notice letters, SNDAs, estoppels, and amendments.
- Representation of a publicly-traded company in a multi-site sale-leaseback of industrial facilities
- Representation of NYSE-listed REIT in various retail leasing matters, including anchor tenant, in-line, and ground leases.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in retail, office, and industrial leases.
- Representation of a regional port authority in connection with conduit lease financing.
- Representation of developers of various mixed-use projects utilizing bond financing.
- Counsels clients regarding entity selection.
- Experienced in entity formation and drafting organizational documents.
- Representation of NYSE-listed REIT in connection with the acquisition and disposition of shopping centers in multiple states.
- September 2018 – Recognized by Crain’s Cleveland Business as one of Northeast Ohio’s Notable Women in Real Estate
- 2017-2020 – Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Area of practice: Real Estate.
- Prohibited use clauses should make sense for the landlord and tenant
- Restaurant and bar leases require special considerations
- Plan Ahead and Negotiate Wisely to Maximize Value of Shopping Center Outparcels
- ICSC Law Conference October 2018 – Whose Lease is it Anyway? Strategies for Negotiating with a Franchisee and Franchisor
- O’Neill Bankruptcy Institute – May 2018 – Leasing 101: Common Provisions & Why They Matter
- ICSC OH, KY, IN, MI, PA Retail Development & Law Symposium – March 2018 – Unicorns: Searching for Financeable and Functional Ground Leases
- ICSC Law Conference October 2017 – Three’s a Crowd: Negotiating a Lease with a Franchisor and Franchisee
- ICSC OH, KY, IN, MI, PA Retail Development & Law Symposium – March 2017 – Leasing Survival Kit: Five Lease Provisions that are Critical to Surviving a Lease Negotiation
- Sterling Education Services – September 2015 – Commercial and Residential Landlord-Tenant Law
- ICSC Law Conference October 2014 – Pitfalls of Outparcel Sales: Avoiding Future Problems
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- NAIOP, Northern Ohio Chapter
- Associate Board Member, The Centers for Families and Children
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.