- Juris Doctorate in Law, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, magna cum laude
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University Of Victoria
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, McGill University
Licensed to Practice
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Shannon brings more than a decade of labor and employment law experience to Walter | Haverfield. She counsels and trains clients on all aspects of labor and employment matters including accommodations, hiring, reductions in force, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, employee performance, internal investigations, and discipline and discharge matters. She also has a proven track record of effectively managing employment litigation, including wage and hour class actions as well as single plaintiff cases. Shannon often provides complex labor law advice and legal support regarding the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements and labor strikes.
- Defended numerous employers, including Fortune 500 Companies, in state courts, federal courts, and arbitral forums in labor and employment matters, including employment discrimination, wage and hour class action, non-compete, trade secret, breach of contract, and contract interpretation matters.
- Successfully represented employer in unit determination proceedings before the Regional Director of the National Labor Relations Board.
- Strategically counseled and represented employers in proceedings before various government agencies, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, as well as analogous state law agencies.
- Successfully represented and developed union campaign strategy for a company in an Armour Globe union election in which the unrepresented employees overwhelming voted not to join the existing bargaining unit at a refinery.
- Provided first chair representation of a company in administrative/regulatory matters and labor arbitrations.
- Provided complex advice and prepared effective strategies to achieve clients’ objectives regarding employment issues such as termination decisions, leave and accommodation issues, litigation, eDiscovery, non-compete analysis, and union issues.
- Conducted labor and employment due diligence review for mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented borrowers, creditors, financial institutions, and vendors in connection with insolvency and commercial law matters, including business reorganizations, loan workout transactions, restructurings, and secured transactions.
- Assisted clients with structuring reductions in force and layoff procedures, including drafting severance and release agreements.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.