- Closely Held Business Services
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Investigations
- Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy
- Emerging Companies & Venture Capital
- Employee Benefits
- Financial Services & Lending
- Liquor Control Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Ventures
- Public & Structured Finance
- Sports Law
- Tax Controversies
- Corporate reorganizations
- Choice of entity counseling and formation
- Health care provider transactions
- Intellectual property concerns
- Private-placement memoranda
- Day-to-day operations
We serve a broad client base including moving and storage companies, records management facilities, propane gas dealers, precision metal forming shops, automobile dealerships, printing shops, wood product manufacturers, steelmakers, auto parts suppliers, medical equipment and device manufacturers, hospitals and health systems, medical and dental practices, physician practice management companies, executive search companies, wholesale distributors, industrial gas companies, biochemical product manufacturers, dairies, computer service and software providers, and general construction contractors.
The Corporate Transactions group’s experience and services include the following:
- Regularly represents one of the largest shopping centers REITS in the United States in connection with portfolio shopping center divestitures, outlot sales, site assemblage and acquisition/development projects, ECRs, joint ventures and unwinds, and various financing transactions.
- Counsel to a private developer in the acquisition, development, financing, and leasing of a residential, retail, entertainment and "lifestyle" center known as Pinecrest.
- Representation of various joint ventures in the negotiation of joint venture and operating agreements.
- Representation of NYSE-listed banks, leading global investment banks, asset management firms, and life insurance companies on commercial loans, including whole loans, mezzanine loans and bridge loans.
- Representation of a regional port authority in connection with fixed rate financing, structured leasing and infrastructure financing.
- Representation of a public company in acquisition of polymer manufacturing division.
- Representation of sellers and purchasers in healthcare practice acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of an aerospace parts manufacturer in asset sale to public company.
- Guided the reorganization of a mid-sized manufacturing company through conversion from corporation to LLC and sale of minority interest to large international manufacturer.
- Coordinated the acquisition, financing, leasing and environmental clearance of 750,000 square foot mixed-use manufacturing/office/warehouse facility.
- Counsel to owner in development of 160,000 square foot building, including ground lease, construction financing, and negotiation of letters of intent and leases with the primary tenants.