[av_section min_height=” min_height_px=’500px’ padding=’large’ shadow=’no-border-styling’ bottom_border=’no-border-styling’ bottom_border_diagonal_color=’#333333′ bottom_border_diagonal_direction=” bottom_border_style=” custom_arrow_bg=” id=” color=’main_color’ background=’bg_color’ custom_bg=’#004679′ background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” attach=’scroll’ position=’top left’ repeat=’no-repeat’ video=” video_ratio=’16:9′ overlay_opacity=’0.5′ overlay_color=” overlay_pattern=” overlay_custom_pattern=” av_element_hidden_in_editor=’0′ av_uid=’av-jl41y8uu’]
Walter Haverfield attorneys possess a wealth of knowledge regarding today’s most pressing legal and business topics. They are available for interviews and/or articles upon request. Below is a brief overview of some of the topics they can address.
To arrange an interview or request an article, please contact us here.
- Creditors’ Rights: What companies need to know when a customer goes bankrupt
- Bankruptcy in a tough economy: Is it the answer for your company? What are your legal rights?
- Does your business need an antitrust review? How to ensure your operations aren’t functioning at an anti-competitive level?
- You’ve been subpoenaed. Now what?
- What steps to take when buying or selling a business
- What are the funding and financing options for growing a business?
- What to consider for real estate investments in the cannabis industry
- Student Cell Phone Usage — Cheating, “sexting,” general classroom disturbances. What administrators can do to protect themselves from liability surrounding inappropriate student cell phone usage on school property and/or during school hours
- Liability and student Internet usage
- The perils and pitfalls of social media
- Education: Students and guns — what liability does a school district have when a student brings a gun to school?
- Common issues and guidance for transgender students
- Multi-employer pension plans: A potential pension crash looms over the horizon
- Corporate wellness programs – Are they a wise investment for employers?
- Maintaining plan documents and summary plan descriptions (SPDs)
- The highly dynamic landscape includes notable amendments and new laws (ADAAA, Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, FMLA and more). What do employers need to know?
- Employee handbooks — An important, but often overlooked, tool
- Computer sabotage by disgruntled workers
- Cleaning up contaminated properties: Owner liability and responsibility
- Community Right to Know: How much are you required to reveal about the presence and use of hazardous materials in your manufacturing or processing facility? How much should you reveal?
- Inner Ring Suburbs — Regionalism emerges in the struggle for survival
- State vs. local lawmaking powers
- The effect on storm water regulations on Ohio municipalities
- Fiscal emergencies and the legal entanglements they create
- Challenges in urban redevelopment and adaptive re-use
- Creative financing for commercial real estate ventures
Tax Planning & Wealth Management
- Tax planning pitfalls — what to avoid
- Estate planning tips, solutions and strategy
- Legal and tax considerations when selling a company
[/av_cell_three_fifth][av_cell_one_fifth vertical_align=’top’ padding=’30px’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_attachment=’scroll’ background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2r9ot7′]