Simon brings more than three decades of business law experience to the Walter Haverfield Business Services Group located in Cleveland, Ohio. He represents domestic and foreign business clients in transactions involving the purchase and sale of existing businesses, the formation of new business entities and mergers and acquisitions. Simon’s practice also focuses on the negotiation of commercial contracts involving the sale and purchase of goods, licensing agreements, commercial real estate sales and commercial real estate leasing. He has handled various foreign asset transfers for global manufacturers involving subsidiaries in Canada, Germany, Luxembourg, Australia and China. Simon’s experience has proven to be invaluable to business owners in both the development of new ventures across the country and worldwide.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of outdoor power equipment in real estate acquisition, sale and leasing transactions throughout the United States and in Mexico.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of industrial and medical gases in real estate purchase and leasing transactions throughout the United States. Analyzed survey, title and related due diligence issues in connection with such representation.
- Represented owner of substantial industrial real estate portfolio in leasing transactions with tenants. Assisted client in refinancing its real estate portfolio through a negotiation of a commercial mortgage-backed securities loan.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of outdoor power equipment in the negotiation of supply agreements, tooling agreements, distribution agreements, safety stock agreements and other business agreements with client’s global base of suppliers.
- Represented leading global manufacturer of outdoor power equipment in agreements related to the acquisition of additional platform businesses and products.
- Represented firm clients in the negotiation of collaboration and development agreements addressing ownership and licensing rights in connection with the joint development and commercialization of intellectual property.
- Represented local nursing home client in contracts relating to the construction of a rehabilitation and memory care facility financed through county port authority bond financing.
- Represented local private equity firm in connection with acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies as well as divestiture of real estate assets.
- Represented local restaurant chain in negotiation of lease agreements with national mall operators.
- Represented publicly traded automotive supplier in an approximately $50 million acquisition of a leading provider of stamped interior, chassis and powertrain components and welded assemblies for the automotive industry. Assisted client in negotiation of amendments to client’s secured credit facility in connection with acquisition.
- Represented publicly traded automotive supplier in an approximately $50 million acquisition of leading designer and manufacturer of highly-engineered, fully-machined, lightweight die cast components for the automotive industry. Assisted client in negotiation of amendments to client’s secured credit facility in connection with acquisition.
- Represented privately held business clients in negotiation and drafting of operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and other agreements relative to ownership and management issues.
- Counseled business owners in connection with shareholder disputes and corporate governance issues.
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.