Updated May 312, 2020
If you are a Walter | Haverfield client who needs documents notarized, we are here to help. We are certified through the Ohio Secretary of State to notarize documents online for individuals in and outside the State of Ohio. No in-person meeting is necessary. Details on what is needed in order to participate in an online notary service as well as a description of the process are below.
- Access to the following: a computer, internet and webcam
- Driver’s license or passport
- Digital version of documents that need to be notarized
- Must be a Walter | Haverfield client
E-Notary Process (takes about five minutes):
- A link to join the e-notary process is sent to the participant
- Once a participant clicks on the link, the e-notary software is launched online and a credential analysis begins
- During the credential analysis process, the participant uploads his/her driver’s license or passport
- The software analyzes the license/passport and asks a series of questions to verify one’s identity
- An e-signature is adopted, and the Walter | Haverfield notary digitally applies the seal and signature to the document(s)
- An email is then sent to the participant with a copy of the notarized documents
Ohio is one of 36 states that allows documents to be e-notarized. In Cuyahoga County, there are about two dozen e-notaries.
Please note that online notary services are not available for depositions.
We look forward to maintaining our strong working relationship with you during this time and keeping in close contact via phone, email or video conference. If you are a Walter | Haverfield client in need of our online notary service or have questions, please email us here. Individuals who are not Walter | Haverfield clients may visit sites like notarize.com.