Sebastian C. Pascu is an attorney with Walter | Haverfield in the Tax and Wealth Management Group. Sebastian focuses his practice primarily in the areas of Federal, State and Local Tax Planning and Controversies, Mergers and Acquisitions, Estate Planning, and Probate and Trust Administration. Sebastian counsels domestic and international high-net-worth individuals, families, and closely-held businesses in a wide range of personal, charitable, business succession and estate planning matters, as well as taxable and tax-free stock and asset acquisitions, post-acquisition restructurings, incorporation transactions, and general tax consequences of transactions between shareholders and corporations.
Sebastian earned his J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law where he was Articles Editor of the Journal of Law and Health. While at Cleveland-Marshall, Sebastian was an extern with the City of Lorain law department and worked as a law clerk for a law firm specializing in complex financial and commercial matters, particularly in the areas of securities litigation, investment fraud, antitrust, and international disputes. Prior to joining Walter | Haverfield, Sebastian worked as a tax senior consultant at a global accounting firm.
TAX & WEALTH MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Planning and formation of grantor-retained annuity trust and sale to defective grantor trust in connection with privately held company stock with potential value of $200 million.
- Estate planning for young families involving life insurance trusts and structuring gifts to minor children.
- Advising beneficiaries of foreign trusts regarding U.S. income and transfer taxation, including advice regarding accumulation distribution.
- Assisting US taxpayers in tax compliance, expatriation, and citizen and residency matters, including advising on the FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard.
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of Federal Estate tax returns.
- 2022 – Sebastian Pascu received a 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Litigation and Controversy-Tax; Trusts and Estates.
- Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers 2022 Rising Stars list. Area of practice: Tax.
- Ohio Super Lawyers Honors Nearly 20 Percent of Walter | Haverfield Attorneys
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®
- The Freeze Partnership Technique: Achieving the Best of Both Worlds by Transferring the Appreciation of the Business Assets and Securing the Step-Up in Basis
- Federal and Ohio Tax Filing Deadline Moved to July 15
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
- Member, Akron Community Leadership Institute
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.