- Cleveland State University, J.D.,1969
- Miami University, B.A., 1965
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Marc Bloch has more than forty years of experience, in both the public and private sectors, in the field of labor relations law. From 1969-1972, he served as an attorney with the National Labor Relations Board. In 1973 he entered the private sector, joining Duvin, Cahn & Hutton. Marc built his practice as a partner at Duvin until its merger with Littler Mendelson in early 2007. He practiced as a shareholder with Littler until November 2007, when he became a partner with the Labor and Employment Law Group at Walter | Haverfield.
Marc's practice encompasses all aspects of labor relations for both private- and public-sector clients. He provides advice and counsel to clients on day-to-day contract administration and interpretation and has served as the chief negotiator on thousands of collective bargaining agreements. He is licensed to practice in all Ohio courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Counsels employers in the Greater Cleveland area on union avoidance, union election campaign strategy, and strike avoidance.
- Defends federal sexual harassment lawsuits against major national corporations.
- Defends companies in Common Pleas and federal district courts against allegations of harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination.
LABOR RELATIONS & COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
- Lead negotiator on labor contracts in both the private and public sectors.
- Defends unfair labor practice (ULP) and representation (R) petitions before the NLRB and SERB.
- Defended management against EEOC and OCRC claims, resolving them prior to costly litigation.
- Defends management in arbitration disputes.
- 2015-2017 - Selected for inclusion in the 2015-2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America©. Listed in the current edition for Litigation-Labor and Employment.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2004-2007 - Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers list. Area of practice: Employment & Labor.
- Member, Editorial Board of Cleveland-Marshall Law Review
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta
- "Labor Relations From the Trenches," John Carroll University's Boler School of Business, University Heights, Ohio, October 15, 2013
- "Ohio Senate Bill 5: Public Management Perspectives," Hillcrest Council of Councils, Mayfield Village, Ohio, May 21, 2011
- "Final Ohio Senate Bill 5: Public Management Perspectives on Collective Bargaining and Employment Issues," Holiday Inn Cleveland South, Independence, Ohio, April 8, 2011
- "Public Labor and Employment Law Update," co-presenter at the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association's 2011 Civil Law Institute, Columbus, Ohio, March 4, 2011
- "Healthcare, Employment & Labor Law Update," co-presenter at the Annual Presidents' Day Municipal Law Seminar, sponsored by The Northeast Ohio Law Directors Association and The Government Attorneys Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Cleveland, Ohio, February 24, 2011
- 2010 Walter | Haverfield LLP Labor and Employment Law Seminar, "Is the Union Lurking Outside Your Door? - Union Avoidance Practices," Outline, Presentation
- "Public Sector Labor & Employment Overview and Legal Update," Outline, Presentation Holiday Inn Independence, Independence, Ohio, September 30, 2010