Chuck represents privately and publicly held businesses and their owners and executives. He negotiates and counsels clients on mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions. Chuck’s transactions involve the sale of businesses for retiring owners to publicly held acquirers, private equity investors and strategic buyers. He also directs multiple financing transactions for clients involving acquisitions, lines of credit, revolvers, equipment loans and term loans. Chuck began his career as a tax and estate planning specialist in the 1970s.
CLOSELY HELD BUSINESS SERVICES
- Counsels on day-to-day business operations
- Advises on and drafts sales and supplier contracts, owner relationships, governance and planning for all types of businesses
- Negotiates borrower-side financing, capital raising, acquisitions, sales and divestitures of businesses, exit planning and retirement
- Counsels on acquisitions, divestiture and mergers of businesses in all industries with specific experience in aerospace, wholesale/distribution and manufacturing
- Represents national, local and regional businesses in negotiating and closing acquisitions and divestitures in many industries
- Advises on strategic planning, contract drafting and negotiation, business expansion, liquefying invested capital, resolving shareholder/partner relations and disputes, and financing transactions
- Counsels on transactions involving the sale of large manufacturers, merger of insurance agencies and acquisitions of distribution and manufacturing businesses
- Counsels on broadcasting, moving and storage, records management, biochemical products, propane gas, precision metal forming, automobile dealerships, printing, wood products, arts and crafts, machine tool, food brokerage, marine engineering, chemicals, plastics, wholesale distribution, software developers and computer services
- Negotiates and closes on behalf of borrowers, bank loans, venture capital loans, mezzanine financing packages and other public and private financing vehicles from single sources, multiple lenders and private placements of debt and equity securities
- Performs financing activities and bank loan re-negotiations involving buyouts of a deceased party, software business financing, and private placements for software and service businesses
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “How to Legally Organize Your Startup Business,” Kent State University’s Blackstone LaunchPad Legal Event Series, 2013
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Institute Founder, Baldwin-Wallace College Family and Small Business Institute
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law and Taxation Sections, Small Business Committee
- Board of Advisors, Northeast Technical Services, Inc.
- Former Vice President and Trustee, Cleveland Area Development Financing Corporation and its successor, Growth Capital Corporation
- Former Member, Montefiore Home for the Aged, Finance and Budget Committee
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.