Health Care & Dental
Few industries are as subject to change and government scrutiny as the business of health care. Changes in reimbursement policies, expanded privacy and security rules, and an increase in malpractice lawsuits are just a few of the challenges that complicate the legal needs of health care providers.
Walter Haverfield’s firm-wide talent exemplifies what is needed to address these challenges, serving as trusted counselors and advocates for physicians, hospitals, and ancillary service providers.
Our Health Care & Dental Law Difference
Our health care attorneys partner with providers and health planners to understand and proactively address their unique and complex policy, regulatory, and business needs. We counsel clients on matters common to the health care industry, including:
- Acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures of medical practices and health care businesses
- Advocacy on Medicare coverage and payment appeals
- Compliance with the Health Care Quality Improvement Act of 1986 (HCQIA), data bank regulations, and related litigation
- Contract negotiations
- Peer-review hearings
We work extensively on medical-related business issues including:
- Fraud and abuse claims
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) compliance
- Antitrust claims
- Medicare regulatory compliance, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark law, reimbursement and billing, and Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Joint Commission survey readiness
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC) accreditation, board certification, and licensing issues
- Advice and counsel on Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) criminal and civil investigations, Medicare and Medicaid audits, and voluntary disclosures
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.