As a skilled business attorney and compliance professional, Alex assists hundreds of individuals and businesses enter, compliantly operate in, and exit heavily regulated industries. His clients range from solo entrepreneurs and small, startup businesses to large multi-state operator companies. Alex’s comprehensive experience in highly regulated industries gives him a solid understanding of the challenges and intricacies of law faced by all businesses, particularly those operating in complicated legal environments.
- Drafted competitive business license application materials for over two hundred prospective cannabis businesses in nearly thirty U.S. states, Canada, and Europe.
- Assisted cannabis entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes in obtaining licenses to operate.
- Served entrepreneurs and small businesses in hospitality, alcohol/liquor, cannabis/hemp, and other regulated industries.
- Conducted compliance audits and assisted interactions with government regulatory and enforcement agencies, including: Ohio Department of Commerce, Ohio Division of Liquor Control, Colorado Department of Revenue, Colorado Department of Public Health, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Assisted multiple business/corporate clients from start-up to operations, providing all necessary legal services across numerous diverse practice areas, including licensing/permitting, venture capital, contracts, and employment.
- Negotiated and drafted contracts for six-figure marketing partnership, construction services, products manufacturing, and consulting deals.
- Protected clients’ intellectual property through copyright and trademark registration filings.
- Ohio Sports Gaming – Looming Pitfall for Ohio Liquor Permit Holders
- Ohio Constitutional Carry: Implications for Liquor Permitted Businesses
- Ohio Set to Legalize Sports Betting
- Ohio Board of Pharmacy Releases Applications for 73 New Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Sports Betting in Ohio: What You Should Know About the State’s Proposed Law & How to Obtain a License
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.