As one of the most rapidly expanding industries, the legal cannabis industry is poised for local and national growth. Walter Haverfield’s attorneys lead the cannabis space by providing strategic counsel to businesses and investors on federal, state, and local regulations, and by staying abreast of the most current conflicts between state and federal law. In addition, our legal team counsels employers, physicians, governments, and others on the ever-changing updates to Ohio’s medical marijuana law and cannabis policy.
Our Cannabis Law Insight
As a full-service firm representing many companies in highly regulated industries, Walter Haverfield is uniquely positioned to meet the complex and constantly evolving needs of businesses in the cannabis space. This growing industry, which is expected to generate more than $52 billion in sales by the end of 2026, is built upon the sale of a product that is still illegal at the federal level. However, it also requires adherence to complex regulations at the state level, such as employee use of cannabis and employer compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Our team of attorneys use their deep-bench experience in the following areas to help clients address the vast spectrum of issues related to the cultivation, processing, dispensing, and consumption of cannabis:
- Business and financial services
- Government policy and practice
- Health care
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment
- Land use and zoning
- Product safety
- Real estate and tax law
In addition, our practice guides clients who are not directly involved in but engage with the cannabis industry, such as financial and lending institutions and commercial property owners, among others.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.
Our attorneys in our Cleveland and Columbus offices are consistently ranked and recognized by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and more. At Walter Haverfield, we pride ourselves on becoming each client’s trusted corporate advisor for all their cannabis needs.
U.S. NEWS – BEST LAWYERS® 2023 “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Banking and Finance Law
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Commercial Litigation
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Litigation – Real Estate
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Litigation – Trust & Estates
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Real Estate Law
- Metropolitan Tier 1: Tax Law
- Metropolitan Tier 2: Construction Law
- Metropolitan Tier 2: Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Metropolitan Tier 2: Litigation – Environmental
- Metropolitan Tier 2: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Metropolitan Tier 3: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Metropolitan Tier 3: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Metropolitan Tier 3: Litigation – Construction
- Metropolitan Tier 3: Litigation – ERISA