Ed Hurtuk is the Partner-in-Charge of Walter | Haverfield’s Mayfield Heights office and a recognized leader in the practice of real estate law and real estate finance. Ed formerly served as commissioner for the Ohio Supreme Court. He has taught real estate law and finance as a member of the adjunct faculty at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Cleveland Marshall College of Law. He is a renowned speaker and has lectured at legal and real estate trade group seminars on leasing, financing and other real estate topics.
- Served as a law commissioner for the Ohio Supreme Court
- Taught real estate and finance as a member of the adjunct faculty at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Cleveland Marshall College of Law
- Lectured at legal and real estate trade group seminars on leasing, financing and other real estate topics
- 2007-2022 – Selected for inclusion in the 2007-2022 editions of The Best Lawyers in America©. Listed in the current edition for Real Estate Law.
- Chosen by his peers as the 2017 Best Lawyers “Real Estate Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland, OH.
- Selected every year since 2006 to the “Ohio Super Lawyers” list. Area of practice: Real Estate.
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell.
- Rated among Ohio’s top real estate attorneys, according to Chambers and Partners.
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- Walter | Haverfield Represents Local Developer to Acquire Former Geauga Lake Land
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®
- Ed, Josh and Alex Hurtuk: Bringing the Family Back Together Again
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Foundation Board of Trustees, Slovene Home for the Aged
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Former chair, Board of Trustees, Light of Hearts Villa
- Former Chair, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Institute
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.