Ed is the Partner-in-Charge of Walter | Haverfield’s Mayfield Heights, Ohio office and is a recognized leader in the practice of real estate law and real estate finance. Ed’s goal is to consistently provide the highest quality legal services for each client. He works diligently to understand his client’s business and goals to help position them to succeed.
Ed’s experience includes having served as commissioner for the Ohio Supreme Court. He has also served as adjunct faculty at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and at the Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law where he taught real estate law and real estate finance. He regularly presents at legal and real estate trade group seminars on topics including complex matters of leasing, financing and other real estate areas.
- Served as a law commissioner for the Ohio Supreme Court
- Taught real estate and finance as a member of the adjunct faculty at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Cleveland Marshall College of Law
- Lectured at legal and real estate trade group seminars on leasing, financing and other real estate topics
- Honored by Chambers USA, 2009-22
- Recognized by Best Lawyers©, 2007 –22
- Named the Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Cleveland, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers, 2006-22
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Five Walter Haverfield Partners Recognized by Chambers USA
- Walter Haverfield’s Real Estate Group Recognized by Chambers USA for Third Consecutive Year
- Ohio Super Lawyers Honors Nearly 20 Percent of Walter | Haverfield Attorneys
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- Walter | Haverfield Represents Local Developer to Acquire Former Geauga Lake Land
- Nearly Half of All Walter | Haverfield Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers®
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Foundation Board of Trustees, Slovene Home for the Aged
- Member, National Association for Industrial and Office Properties
- Former Chair, Board of Trustees, Light of Hearts Villa
- Former Chair, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Institute
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.