It’s a fact: In today’s construction industry, there are a myriad of things that can go wrong, opening the door to litigation.
Walter Haverfield understands the unique challenges and risks that characterize new construction and renovations. Our experienced real estate attorneys work diligently to help clients manage risk throughout the construction process. However, disputes still occur.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.
Our Construction Litigation Difference
With decades of experience in the construction industry, Walter Haverfield attorneys are well-positioned to provide counsel designed to help resolve claims before, during, and after construction. We represent developers and contractors, as well as lenders, on a wide array of issues, providing strategic counsel to help them navigate every step of the complex litigation process—from pre-filing to discovery and through dispute resolution.
When litigation is the only answer, our clients count on Walter Haverfield’s team of litigators to provide aggressive representation. But as realists, clients can equally count on us to provide honest, straightforward advice relative to alternatives, such as mediation, arbitration, or early settlement.
Construction Litigation Team
Our litigation attorneys in our Cleveland and Columbus offices are consistently ranked and recognized by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and more. At Walter Haverfield, we pride ourselves on becoming each client’s trusted advisor for all their litigation needs.
U.S. NEWS – BEST LAWYERS® 2023 “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Banking and Finance Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Commercial Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Real Estate
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Trust & Estates
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Real Estate Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Tax Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Construction Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Litigation – Environmental
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – Construction
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – ERISA
- Litigating real estate, mechanics’ liens, title, zoning, and construction contract disputes relating to major office building projects, sewer construction, abandoned industrial facilities, and residential properties
- Defending general contractor of high-rise residential building concerning mold and water intrusion
- Defending fireproofing subcontractor in several major litigations on some of Cleveland’s most significant building projects in recent decades
- Antitrust Regulation
- Appellate Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance Defense
- Creditors’ Rights Enforcement
- ERISA Claims
- Environmental Regulation Enforcement Actions
- False Claims & Qui Tam Actions
- Federal, State, & Local Tax Disputes
- Health Care Enforcement
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability & Discipline
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Defense