Today’s working environment is complex and ever-evolving, with increasing pressures of professional responsibility, government oversight, and public scrutiny. Walter Haverfield attorneys know it is more important than ever for individuals and firms to protect themselves from the impacts of professional liability claims and disciplinary proceedings.
With decades of experience, our unique blend of skilled, dedicated attorneys provides the strong advocacy that professionals need. Professional liability is a highly complex area, requiring a legal team with firm-wide strength across a range of regulatory, civil, and quasi-criminal matters.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.
Our Professional Liability & Discipline Difference
Walter Haverfield’s attorneys deliver the full spectrum of top-line legal services to a variety of professional service providers in professional liability and related claims. We have the deep-bench resources and skill to handle any professional liability concern, no matter the size or complexity.
We use an aggressive approach in filing early motions, intended to narrow the scope of disputed issues and limit the potential for time-consuming and costly discovery. This creates the potential for prompt resolution of claims through a variety of alternative dispute resolution techniques. We are engaged as approved counsel by liability insurers as well as individual providers.
Professional Liability & Discipline Team
Our litigation attorneys in our Cleveland and Columbus offices are consistently ranked and recognized by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and more. At Walter Haverfield, we pride ourselves on becoming each client’s trusted advisor for all their litigation needs.
U.S. NEWS – BEST LAWYERS® 2023 “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Banking and Finance Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Commercial Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Real Estate
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Trust and Estates
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Real Estate Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Tax Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Construction Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Litigation – Environmental
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – Construction
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – ERISA
- Defending accountants and attorneys against professional malpractice claims in federal and state court
- Representing lawyers and law firms in disputes arising from the separation of practices and termination of employment, including dissolution of a law firm under bankruptcy court supervision
- Defending a significant patent law firm from multiple patent/intellectual property legal malpractice, fraud, and misrepresentation claims in federal and state courts
- Antitrust Regulation
- Appellate Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance Defense
- Creditors’ Rights Enforcement
- ERISA Claims
- Environmental Regulation Enforcement Actions
- False Claims & Qui Tam Actions
- Federal, State, & Local Tax Disputes
- Health Care Enforcement
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability & Discipline
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Defense