If not handled properly, internal investigations can significantly disrupt a client’s day-to-day business and even its long-term corporate objectives. Whether allegations of wrongdoing arise from a government investigation, a whistleblower, or a civil lawsuit, companies must identify the legal and business risks posed by such allegations and effectively and responsibly respond to them. Walter Haverfield’s trusted internal corporate investigations team is committed to ensuring that its clients move through this process with as little disruption as possible.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.
Our Internal Corporate Investigation Difference
Walter Haverfield has in-depth experience conducting internal investigations for large, multinational corporations, as well as local business enterprises. We strive to handle these investigations in a manner that meets our clients’ objectives efficiently and effectively.
Internal investigations aim to uncover the truth about alleged misconduct within an organization. But a good internal investigation must do so without compromising relationships with innocent employees or unnecessarily damaging reputations. Such circumstances require good planning, consistent execution, analytical skill, sensitivity, and a solid grasp of the legalities involved. Our attorneys can investigate allegations quickly and discreetly with minimum disruption and report our findings rigorously and reliably. With a full-service firm approach used for all clients, we staff investigations based on the client’s needs but also to contain costs by assigning attorneys whose experience and skill set are appropriate for the tasks that the investigation necessitates.
We draw from the experience of our many attorneys who have government experience, having served as prosecutors, special prosecutors, and as Chief of the White-Collar Crime Section of the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio. Walter Haverfield applies this broad experience in conducting internal investigations for companies across a variety of industries regarding a wide range of issues. Our goal is the same as your goal: to get you back to business as usual.
Internal Corporate Investigations Team
Our litigation attorneys in our Cleveland and Columbus offices are consistently ranked and recognized by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and more. At Walter Haverfield, we pride ourselves on becoming each client’s trusted advisor for all their litigation needs.
U.S. NEWS – BEST LAWYERS® 2023 “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Banking and Finance Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Commercial Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Real Estate
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Trust and Estates
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Real Estate Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Tax Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Construction Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Litigation – Environmental
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – Construction
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – ERISA
- Assisting in the representation of an officer and director of a publicly traded company relative to an investigation concerning the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act being conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Assisting in the representation of a nationally recognized physician relative to an internal corporate investigation as well as investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Department of Justice (DOJ), resulting in indemnification of the physician’s attorneys’ fees and expenses
- Assisting in the representation of businesses and business partners in arbitration and in state and federal courts, regarding commercial disputes such as breach of contract, fraud, breach of duty, tortious interference, misappropriation of trade secrets, and civil conspiracy
- Antitrust Regulation
- Appellate Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance Defense
- Creditors’ Rights Enforcement
- ERISA Claims
- Environmental Regulation Enforcement Actions
- False Claims & Qui Tam Actions
- Federal, State, & Local Tax Disputes
- Health Care Enforcement
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability & Discipline
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Defense