The False Claims Act (FCA), also known as “The Lincoln Law,” is the single most important tool U.S. taxpayers have to help recover the billions of dollars stolen through fraud by government contractors every year. Not surprisingly, the potential for recovery results in more “qui tam” — or whistleblower — actions being filed every year, including many unsubstantiated and unwarranted claims.
Walter Haverfield aggressively defends our clients threatened from, and intervened by, qui tam actions. We draw upon our broad experience to help ensure our clients are provided with the tools necessary to respond to government investigations, challenge whether government intervention is warranted at all, and defend them when the government does intervene.
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter Haverfield attorney.
Our FCA & Qui Tam Difference
Qui tam suits have become important tools used by the federal government and several states to combat fraud throughout a variety of industries. The FCA allows private citizens to sue those that commit fraud against government programs and provides for up to treble damages and awards of 15 to 30 percent of recoveries for those bringing forward cases.
To comprehensively address FCA and qui tam actions, we draw upon our broad experience in government enforcement, securities, and shareholder litigation, health care, and labor and employment practices.
We have the experience and resources to handle all aspects of FCA cases from investigation through litigation if warranted. When confronted with a potential qui tam lawsuit, Walter Haverfield provides proactive counsel to manage all aspects of such matters before either the government or the courts intervene.
False Claims & Qui Tam Actions Team
Our litigation attorneys in our Cleveland and Columbus offices are consistently ranked and recognized by Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and more. At Walter Haverfield, we pride ourselves on becoming each client’s trusted advisor for all their litigation needs.
U.S. NEWS – BEST LAWYERS® 2023 “BEST LAW FIRMS” RANKINGS
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Banking and Finance Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Commercial Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Labor and Employment
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Real Estate
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Litigation – Trust and Estates
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Real Estate Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 1: Tax Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Construction Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Litigation – Environmental
- METROPOLITAN TIER 2: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Bet-the-Company Litigation
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – Construction
- METROPOLITAN TIER 3: Litigation – ERISA
- Antitrust Regulation
- Appellate Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance Defense
- Creditors’ Rights Enforcement
- ERISA Claims
- Environmental Regulation Enforcement Actions
- False Claims & Qui Tam Actions
- Federal, State, & Local Tax Disputes
- Health Care Enforcement
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability & Discipline
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Defense