- Business-Related Intellectual Property Services
- Business Services
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patent – U.S. and Worldwide
- Trade Secrets
- Trademarks, Domain Names and Copyrights
- Capital University Law School, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, B.S.E.E.
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
"Jamie and his team handle highly technical inventions with ease and have been a valued partner for many years." - Robert H. Earp, III (Office of Chief Counsel, NASA Glen Research Center)
"I have several patents in my name, and I’ve worked with many patent firms in the past. Jamie Pingor is top notch." - Blake Squires (Founder and Partner of Generator Works)
"Jamie is extremely attentive to my needs and has been instrumental in assisting me to build the strongest possible IP portfolio for my company." - R. Michael Maher (Co-Founder, NeuroRescue, Inc.)
Jamie is a partner and Chair of Walter | Haverfield’s Intellectual Property Group who focuses his practice on domestic and foreign patent preparation, prosecution, procurement, litigation, as well as trademark analysis, clearance procurement, cancellations, oppositions, and litigation matters. His skills also extend to intellectual property portfolio development, intellectual property risk management, patent and trademark clearance and infringement analysis, enforcement and defense, validity and enforcement issues, patentability analysis, freedom-to-operate analysis, innovation ideation, and copyright and licensing matters. Prior to joining the firm in 2016, Jamie was the Partner-in-Charge of the Cleveland office of a Columbus-based law firm.
Regularly working with manufacturers, retailers, health care businesses, software developers, financial institutions, universities, technology transfer offices, research and development centers, and small and medium-sized enterprises, Jamie’s representative clients include organizations of all sizes and sophistication, from solo inventors and startups to the Fortune 100 elite. Jamie maintains a focus on representing innovative tech companies worldwide.
Prior to practicing law, Jamie held various positions in the electric utility industry as an electrical engineer while working for the Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Company (formerly, the Westinghouse Electric Company).
- Represents clients in patent and trademark procurement
- Counsels clients on transactional matters, including asset purchase and strategic alliance agreements, sponsored research agreements, joint development agreements, confidentiality agreements, co-existence agreements and technology license agreements
- Represents clients in all forms of intellectual property litigation, including matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board
- Counsels clients on patent enforcement, patent infringement defense, trademark litigation and cancellation, copyright and negotiation of a variety of licenses and agreements that involve intellectual property
- Honored by Chambers USA, 2012-13
- What the NFT? The Value in Using NFTs With Your Brand
- “Where’s the Beef:” Protecting Trademarks In Today’s Digital World
- Click, Edit, Post: The Perfect Recipe for a Copyright Lawsuit
- Walter | Haverfield Client Continues to Make Strides in Dispersing Mobile Ventilator for COVID-19 Patients
- Protecting Digital Content from Copycats and Infringement Claims
- Intellectual Property Amid COVID-19
- A Tough Lesson in Global Intellectual Property Law
- Don’t Leave Yourself Exposed with a Naked Trademark License
- The Sweet Smell of Differentiation: Protecting Brand Intangibles as Trademarks
- Adviser: Beware of the blurred lines between professional and private social media
- Five Ways to Safeguard Your IP
- Patent and trademark registrations are on the rise; are your business assets protected?
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.