- Business-Related Intellectual Property Services
- Cannabis Law
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent – U.S. and Worldwide
- Trade Secrets
- Trademarks, Domain Names and Copyrights
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D.
- Dickinson College, B.S.
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Sean is a partner in the Intellectual Property Group who has prepared numerous U.S. design and utility patent applications and trademark applications. A skilled patent lawyer, he has extensive experience with applications that intersect with the following industries or product categories: marine engineering, biotechnology, biological and biomechanical systems, flooring systems, materials science, medical and health care products, athletic equipment, electronics, mechanical/electronic tools, household goods, and software and business methods. Sean has managed both worldwide patent and trademark portfolios, and he also assists clients with worldwide trademark clearance by monitoring and enforcing domain names.
PATENT AND TRADEMARK PROSECUTION
- Prepared hundreds of U.S. patent and trademark applications in the U.S. and corresponding foreign cases
- Worked on thousands of foreign patent and trademark cases requiring use of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) IP Portal
- Negotiated and prepared patent, trademark, and trade secret rights in the U.S. and other countries (e.g., assisted a client in obtaining a worldwide patent license with a Fortune 100 company)
- Obtained favorable decisions for clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, including appeals, oppositions, and cancellations
- Have a Game Plan When Seeking to Secure Intellectual Property Rights
- Supreme Court: Copyright Applications Don’t Give Ability to Sue
- U.S. Supreme Court to Resolve Issue of Copyright Registration
- Is this the end of the bar against registrability for scandalous and immoral trademarks?
- Adviser: Trademarks are more valuable than ever
- “An Introduction to Intellectual Property,” Canton City School District, December 6, 2017
- “Medical Marijuana Seminar,” Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, October 5, 2017
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Member, Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA)
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.