- Business-Related Intellectual Property Services
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent – U.S. and Worldwide
- Trade Secrets
- Trademarks, Domain Names and Copyrights
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2001, J.D.
- Dickinson College, B.S. (1998)
Licensed to Practice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Sean has extensively prepared U.S. design and utility patent applications, as well as trademark applications along with corresponding respective foreign applications. Sean has extensive experience in marine engineering, biotech, biological and biomechanical systems, flooring systems, materials science, medical and health care products, athletic equipment, electronics, mechanical/electronic tools, household goods, software and business methods. He has managed worldwide patent and trademark portfolios. Sean also assists clients with worldwide trademark clearance, monitoring and enforcement, as well as domain name monitoring and enforcement.
PATENT AND TRADEMARK PROSECUTION
- Successfully prepares hundreds of U.S. patent and trademark applications in the U.S. and corresponding foreign cases
- Responsible for thousands of foreign patent and trademark cases
- Negotiates and prepares numerous patent, trademark and trade secret rights in the U.S. and other countries. For example, assisted a client in obtaining a worldwide patent license with a Fortune 100 company
- Obtained many favorable decisions for clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, including appeals, oppositions and cancellations
- Have a Game Plan When Seeking to Secure Intellectual Property Rights
- Supreme Court: Copyright Applications Don’t Give Ability to Sue
- U.S. Supreme Court to Resolve Issue of Copyright Registration
- Is this the end of the bar against registrability for scandalous and immoral trademarks?
- Adviser: Trademarks are more valuable than ever
- An Introduction to Intellectual Property. Canton City School District, December 6, 2017
- Medical Marijuana Seminar. Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, October 5, 2017
- Active member of INTA, AIPLA and CIPLA
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.