- Business Services
- Business Succession Planning
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Tax and Wealth Management
- Case Western Reserve University, BA
- Political science (with honors) and History, 2017
- Cum laude
- Clarence H. Cramer Award for excellence in research and writing of history
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, JD, 2020
- Cum laude
- CALI Award for highest grade in Federal Administrative Law, Fall 2019
Licensed to Practice
Mike Sorice is an associate with Walter | Haverfield’s Business Services group. Mike is currently working in the areas of business succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and tax planning for closely-held businesses. Mike assists with business formation and governance issues, drafting shareholder and director resolutions, as well as assisting in providing guidance to clients regarding ESOPs and non-qualified retirement plans. Mike prides himself on attention to detail and collaboration with the work that he does with Walter | Haverfield’s legal professionals and clients.
Mike received his law degree from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2020.
- Assisted with business formation and governance issues.
- Drafted shareholder and director resolutions.
- Assisted in providing guidance to clients regarding ESOPs, non-qualified retirement plans governed under Code Section 409A.
- Researched legal issues related to ERISA, tax law, corporate governance, and commercial law.
- Legislative Changes to Employee Benefits Law: Federal Funding for COBRA and Flexible Spending Account Relief
- Ohio Extends Tax Filing Deadline
- President Signs American Rescue Plan Act: What You Need to Know
- New and Temporary Changes to the PPP Loan for Small Businesses
- CARES Act Employee Retention Credit – Defining Qualified 2020 and 2021 Paid Wages
- The Revised Ohio Limited Liability Company Act
- COVID-19 Economic Relief and the Employee Retention Credit
- Paycheck Protection Program: IRS Confirms Expenses Are Not Deductible
- Status Update: Ohio’s Proposed Tax Amnesty Program Offers Settlement Opportunities for Individuals and Businesses with Tax Liabilities
- New Ohio Small Business Relief Grant Program Created to Help Small Businesses Harmed by the Effects of COVID-19
- Ohio’s Proposed Tax Amnesty Program Offers Settlement Opportunities for Individuals and Businesses with Tax Liabilities
- How the DOL Changed ESOP Transactions Without Regulations – Lawyers Quarterly, Columbus Bar Association (Fall 2019)
- How the U.S. Department of Labor Changed ESOP Transactions Without Regulations – Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Sept. 2019)
By transmitting an email using this website link, you are expressly agreeing to the terms set forth below:
Sending an email does not constitute a discussion or consultation with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys on a specific legal matter and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Walter | Haverfield or any of its attorneys. Do not transmit any information regarding a specific legal matter or any confidential information unless you have prior written permission from a Walter | Haverfield attorney.